Now accepting applications for team coaches for the Spring 2022 Cohort.
Deadline: November 28, 2021
Volunteer Coaches can be graduate students or professionals, in some cases undergraduate students will be accepted (i.e. a former director) in the U.S. Interested individuals are encouraged to apply to be a volunteer coach for the Spring 2022 cohort from January - April 2022.
The Global Solutions Program offers the following benefits to participating coaches, students, faculty and schools:
- Authentic virtual exchange that develops meaningful relationships with peers in another country
- Models the modern workplace, through deadlines, team work, and deliverables
- Expansion of professional networks for faculty and students
The program is a great way for volunteer coaches interested in virtual exchange and global cross cultural collaboration to support facilitators and students on binational teams in developing skills that will make them more competitive throughout their careers.
To apply, scroll down and select the button "Create Your Account". Once you create your account, you'll be directed to the application page.
From January through April 2022, the participating coach will:
- Monitor and coach up to 3 binational teams;
- Communicate with facilitator partners and binational teams weekly in successful completion of student registration and curriculum milestones, serving as the primary point of contact for team management;
- Support and/or facilitate binational calls as needed;
- Communicate weekly with IREX staff regarding the status of each team related to activities and milestones;
- Participate in virtual or in person professional development training.
- Attend the Virtual Global Business Expo if the team you are coaching is a finalist team.
IREX will support coaches by:
- Providing access to Slack and Zoom for team monitoring and collaboration;
- Provide coaching resources to facilitate binational teams;
- Coordinate a training workshop for coaches in the Us, Jordan or Iraq;
- Provide a $200 honorarium per cohort with completion of the cohort;
- Monitor progress and conduct weekly check-ins.
To learn more about Global Solutions, what it means to be a Global Solutions Team Coach, and eligibility requirements, visit www.irex.org/globalsolutions.
For questions, contact email@example.com.
About the Global Solutions Sustainability Challenge
The Global Solutions Sustainability Challenge is a virtual exchange initiative that supports career readiness in the U.S., Iraq and Jordan. Community college students from the U.S. and technical college and university students from Iraq and Jordan team up to solve global challenges facing the business sector across industries. The program improves global citizenship, strengthens problem-solving skills, and develops enduring connections, while enhancing students’ job skills through online collaboration.
The Global Solutions Sustainability Challenge is supported by the Stevens Initiative, which is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, with funding provided by the U.S. Government, and is administered by the Aspen Institute.
About the Stevens Initiative
The Stevens Initiative is an international effort to build global competence and career-readiness skills for young people in the United States and the Middle East and North Africa while growing and enhancing the field of virtual exchange: online, international, and collaborative learning. The Stevens Initiative is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, with funding provided by the U.S. Government, and is administered by the Aspen Institute. It is also supported by the Bezos Family Foundation and the governments of Morocco and the United Arab Emirates. For further information, please visit http://www.stevensinitiative.org/
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. For further information, please go to: http://www.irex.org.